Knott’s Peanuts Celebration: Join the Fun with Snoopy, Charlie Brown & Pals
Southern California is the land of brilliant sunshine, beautiful beaches, majestic mountains, and vibrant culture. But one more thing I love about the region I call home? It’s a veritable mecca for theme park enthusiasts! If you’re a fan of roller coasters, funnel cakes, and character meet-and-greets, Southern California is the place to be.
I was lucky enough to grow up frequenting these with family, which is why I’m so excited to be sharing my experiences at and insights into a place that’s meant the world to me since as far as my memories stretch back: Knott’s Berry Farm. This year, Knott’s is celebrating its 100th anniversary, and I’m thrilled to be joining the celebration as a Knott’s Berry Farm Ambassador. Throughout the year, I’ll be sharing my stories from the park, so keep an eye on this space!
Knott’s is a blast any time of year, but if you’re looking for something a little different on your next visit, I highly recommend checking out one of their seasonal offerings. While you can find the beloved Peanuts characters—including Snoopy, Woodstock, Charlie Brown, and all the others—around the park any time of year, between now and March 1st, you’ll find an extra dosage of Peanuts love during Knott’s Peanuts Celebration.
Fun for the Whole Family
Whether you’re three or a hundred and three, you’ll find something for you at Knott’s Peanuts Celebration. There’s a ton going on, including:
- Peanuts photo opportunities – Be front and center in Charles M. Schulz’s comic strips with fun photoshoot backdrops at the front entrance. Head to the Livery Stable to meet Charlie Brown’s messy buddy Pigpen as well as a few furry friends. During the Peanuts Celebration and throughout the year, you’ll also find opportunities to meet Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, and more all throughout the park. What can I say, I’m 30, and I’m still a sucker for meeting my favorite characters.
- Shows – The park offers fun shows year-round, but during the Peanuts Celebration, you can also catch the Space Beagle show at the Camp Snoopy Theater, the “Happines Is…” musical medley on the Calico Mine Stage, or rock concerts on the same stage by night.
- Interactive experiences – Hop on board a train to Beagle Bonanza, learn to draw your favorite characters at the Bird Cage Theater, join in on the games at the Peanuts Cowboy Jamboree, or dance the day away with Snoopy’s brother Spike at the Discoteca de Silencio silent disco.
And, of course, all of Knott’s best attractions, from high-speed roller coasters for the daring to themed rides for those who like to take it slower, are available all year round.
One of the most fun (and, dare I say, Instagrammable) parts of Knott’s Peanuts Celebration? The themed treats you can only find this time of year! Hot dog enthusiasts can find an assortment of limited-time options like The Spike (named after Snoopy’s brother, of course!), which is loaded with coleslaw, barbecue ranch, and Doritos crumbles. Or try the Peppi Fries, topped with mozzarella, marinara sauce, and pepperoni.
Have more of a sweet tooth? Treat yourself to some Charlie Brown macarons, take Knott’s famed funnel cakes to the next level with a Tooty Fruity Funnel Cake (featuring Fruity Pebbles, ice cream, condensed milk drizzle, and more!), or sip on an Everything Peanut Shake.
The Knott’s Peanuts Celebration runs every weekend between January 25th and March 1st, as well as weekdays February 10th, 14th, and 17th. You can buy tickets online here or at the park entrance. Even if you can only make it to Knott’s a few times this year, I tell everyone I know to get a season pass, as it pays for itself after just a few visits.
Upcoming Seasons of Fun
Can’t make it to Knott’s Peanuts Celebration this year? The fun doesn’t stop there! Here’s what’s ahead in 2020:
- Knott’s Boysenberry Festival: daily, March 20 – April 19
- Knott’s Summer – Ghost Town Alive and Knott’s Summer Nights: Daily, May 15 – August 30
- Knott’s Spooky Farm: Weekends in October and Halloween Day
- Knott’s Scary Farm: select nights in September and October
- Knott’s Merry Farm: daily, November 20 – January 3
As a lifelong fan of Knott’s, I’m excited to celebrate their 100th anniversary all year long! The Peanuts Celebration can’t be missed, especially if you’re a fan of Snoopy and friends, so what are you waiting for?