The following things have happened in my life since we last spoke:
- I graduated! (Well, okay, my last post came a few days after that, but I never mentioned it.) So I’m a college alum, but, unlike the seeming majority of people in my category, I actually do know what the heck I’ll be doing the following year. Thanks, Spain.
- I was chosen for an internship at social media agency sketchbookLA, so I’m splitting my summer between that and continuing my internship at online marketing agency Supercool Creative. Not a bad way to spend a summer before getting paid to live in Spain for a year.
- I stressed over the visa process a bunch more. I still have no visa, and there have been lots of complications in the process in the meanwhile, but my appointment with the consulate is a week from tomorrow, and I’m pretty sure it will all work out. Can’t wait ’til it’s all over. Then I get to go to Spain and deal with the process of obtaining a “temporary resident alien ID card and number.” The Fox Mulder kind of alien, perhaps?
- I emailed my school and surprisingly got a response! The director sounds super nice, and I learned they had another auxiliar from L.A. last year, the age of kids at the school is between 3 and 14, and commuting to and from Sevilla could be difficult. As for the last one, eh, I’ll figure it out.
- I booked my flight! September 26th to Sevilla! I’ll be flying back to L.A. December 23rd (I don’t think I could handle missing Christmas with my family) before heading back again in January, so you Californians can cope without me for three months, right?
- In 8 days I will be heading to Peru and then Argentina. SO EXCITED.